It's Saturday in Athens

It's Saturday in Athens

Thursday, June 9, 2011

This week sucks!! So here you go.........

Just a quick post today.

This is one of my least favorite stretches of the year as a sports fan. There was no god awful NBA basketball game last night, however 94% of SportsCenter is still dedicated to talking about the god awful NBA. If I wanted to watch a bunch of overpaid, egotistical, spoiled rotten prima donnas play a sport, I would at least watch the modern day NFL. And this year, the god awful NFL Lockout is taking up another 3% of each SportsCenter. This leaves us with only 2% of each show covering baseball , and the other 1% covering the daily unearthing of another Ohio State scandal.

Now, I absolutely love baseball, but it's hard to get excited about every win or grieve with every loss at this point in the season. But I still watch nightly. Talk to me about the excitement in September. (Go Braves!)

So I decided to go to the trusty ole' YouTube to try and find something to cheer me up and put me in a better mood since ESPN College Football Live is only 30 mins a day, and not until 3:30pm, and even that is plagued with Ohio State blah blah blah at the moment. I came up with this.... possibly the greatest music video of all time, by perhaps the greatest musical artist of all time (strictly opinion there), Kenny Chesney.

My challenge to you is to watch the entire video without getting goosebumps a single time. If you do get them, you are just like me, my friend. If you don't, it just means you belong in front of SportsCenter today. ENJOY! (video begins at :12 seconds, btw, .......)

86 Days til' Kickoff!!
GO DAWGS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment