It's Saturday in Athens

It's Saturday in Athens

Monday, August 8, 2011

ESPN... why the obsession over 8-5 Florida??

38 Blog posts in one, single, day.

PUKE!!! 

SEC fans, do you accept this rose?
I know most people are at work all day. I, however, am a full time student and have not started classes yet. Therefore on a day in Georgia where the temperature was steadily in the mid 90's with humidity which could make a fish sweat, I watched a lot of ESPN today. And what a HORRIBLE day it was!!

The Bachelor, I mean Jesse Palmer, took a camera crew with one of their fancy live broadcast trucks, down to north central Florida to report on his alma matter's football. ALL. DAY. LONG. Every show I would attempt to watch, from SportsCenter, to First Take, to 1st and 10, to Outside the Lines, to College Football Live, to SportsNation, back to SportsCenter...... every one of those shows would have a "Breaking news update" from Palmer reporting live from inside a meeting, or on the practice field, or in the cafeteria.... you get the idea. And it should make you as sick as it made me.

So this evening I decide to catch up on the ESPN SEC Blog, and lo and behold, 38 (thirty-eight) blog posts about Florida!!!! I didn't even count the "Lunchtime Links" entry, which I was sure was about Charlie Weis until I noted it was about several other schools. Usually there are 6 or 7 posts a day about ALL of the SEC. Not today. Oh no. 38 entries covering a team coming off a 8-5 record, with a brand new, unexperienced coach and one of the worst QBs in the SEC.

So my question is, when will ESPN employee and UGA alum Matt Stinchcomb get to bring the crew to Athens for a day chalk full of invaluable PR and recruiting propaganda??

Not cute, ESPN. Not even a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment